How can I get a Turkish Tax ID Number Online?
First things first.
Why do you need a Tax ID Number?
In Turkey, you will need a tax identification number in order to;
- Buy a Real Estate
- Open a Bank Account
- Subscribe for Water, Electricity, etc.
- Apply for a Residence Permit.
- Get Health Insurance
and the list goes on and on.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Tax Identification Number in Turkey?
You do not need to pay anything to get your tax ID number. It's completely free.
There are two ways to get a Tax Identification Number. Either you can go to the local tax office or you can apply for it online. First, let's see how to get it from a tax office.
Getting a Tax Identification Number from a Tax Office
To get a tax identification number from a tax office, all you need is going to be your passport and a copy of your passport. In the tax office, there will be a single-page form that you will fill. The total process will take less than 10 minutes. And you will get your tax identification number right away.
Location of Alanya Tax Office : https://goo.gl/maps/DBwY8Tk4eV47uvXq6
Getting a Tax Identification Number Online
It's quite easy to get your tax identification number online. Here's how to do it step by step.
- First of all, you need to scan your passport. (The pages with photo and personal information)
- Visit the official online tax office https://ivd.gib.gov.tr/
- On the home page find and click the link named "Yabancılar İçin Potansiyel Vergi Kimlik Numarası (APPLICATION FOR NON-CITIZEN'S POTENTIAL TAX NUMBER)"
- A form will pop up. It's an English & Turkish Form. So fill the form.
- After clicking the Tamam (OK) Button. You will be asked to upload a photo of your passport. Press the button named "Dosyaları Seç" and upload the file. (File size must be under 1mb)
- If you entered the correct information you will get a PDF file in Turkish. In that file try to find "Potansiyel Vergi Kimlik Numarası", which shows your Tax Id Number.
When you are filling the form and using a Turkish keyboard, please do not use the letter "ı" use capital "I" or "i" instead which may cause errors.